Friday, December 01, 2006

November Bliss List in December, Complete with a Digression or Two

It's Bliss List time again! Ok, it's actually a little PAST Bliss List time, since it's now the first day of December and I'm posting my list for November, but WhatEVER, Dude. I spent most of yesterday fighting mad hordes of Crazed Christmas Cshoppers (had to make it alliterative - don't ask me how to pronounce it) in order to get groceries because they say our weirdly warm weather (more alliteration!) is coming to an end today and we may get some snow and everyone in the civilized world knows that if the weather forecast calls for snow you must - MUST!! - go to the grocery store and buy bread and milk. It's a law or something. Please don't anyone tell the Grocery Police that I bought tortillas and pepper jack cheese and pomegranates instead. And some other food too, I forget what. And two books. Oh, and a tree! I bought a wee-teensy fake-o Christmas tree today. But more on that later, because it's Bliss List time! Here are some things that have been making me feel Blissful in November:
  • The gloriously messy sweetness of pomegranates
  • The vibrantly messy colors of winter sunsets
  • That early nightfall makes it so easy to snuggle up on my favorite corner of the couch and read a book without feeling like I should be doing something else instead
  • That even though I'm not a fan of winter, it gives me a reason to wear warm, soft, fuzzy hats and scarves and I AM a fan of those
  • It's the perfect time of year to make and eat homemade vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum!
  • Spending time with family
  • Going on Photo Safaris to look for artful views of everyday things
  • The sight of such colorful and intricate blooms on such a spindly, homely-looking plant as my Christmas cactus
  • (my darling) Clementines
"November Bliss" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) What's making you feel blissful this month? In one last digression (well one last one for TODAY, I mean, not one last one EVER, so don't go getting your hopes up), this post completes one full year of Bliss Lists. I started this series in December of 2005 and am trying to decide if I want to continue it into 2007 or if I want to end it here. Will I find new things to make me feel blissful each month if I continue, or would I just be recycling thoughts and images I've posted during this past year? Hhhmmm... I don't know the answer to those questions yet. I guess we'll all find out sometime in the next month or so.