Thursday, October 12, 2006

One of Those Days

Written: Thursday, 8 AMish, EDT Posted: Thursday, 10:47 AM EDT (not as late as I thought it might be!) It's Thursday in Kentucky. Now I realize it may seem like I'm stating the painfully obvious to most of you, but as it happens, I'd completely lost track of that little fact until I checked in on a couple of blogs right before I went to bed last night and started seeing some Poetry Thursday entries showing up. At first I thought "huh?" and then I thought "crap, I guess it IS Thursday." I'm not sure what day I thought it was, but not Thursday. I was too tired then to bother with putting together a post last night, but no big deal, right? I'll just get a good night's sleep and do it in the morning. Except now it's morning (of Thursday! see, I know what day it is. Yay me!) and Blogger seems to be having ISSUES. Again. What a surprise! Well, except for the part where it isn't a surprise because they have issues so frequently. I can access some Blogger blogs this morning, but others I can't, and guess which blog is one of the ones I can't access. Go on, guess, you know you want to! If you guessed that one of the blogs I can't access is my own, you win a shiny tiara and a cherry-red pogo stick! (Both virtual, so I hope you have a good imagination.) However, being the wildly optimistic person I am, I figure what the hell. I'll go ahead and write a theoretical blog post and save it in the hope that Blogger will get some serious therapy and I will perhaps be able to make this post go from theoretical to the um....not-so-theoretical (what word do I want there??) before the day is over. If you're reading this, it worked. If you're not reading this, then how do you know what I'm saying? This whole thing is just a little weird. Remember the ivy pic I posted a few days ago? There should be a link in the previous sentence, but since I can't access my freakin' BLOG, I gots no linky love to give. But hopefully some of you actually DO remember it. Anyway, this next photo was taken the same time from a little different angle and not quite so close-up: I wanted to show what I started with, but the messed-with version below is today's Daily Art Thang: "Ivy - Paintified" (starting photo is clickable if you want to see it larger, but this version isn't - sorry! WYSIWYG.) I'm pretty much going to call participating in Poetry Thursday a loss for this week and try for next week, but so I don't leave RSR's Thursday visitors completely poetry-less, here's a tiny verse that appeals to the dark, perverse side of my sense of humor: You Fit Into Me you fit into me like a hook into an eye a fish hook an open eye ~~~Margaret Atwood Happy Thursday, y'all!