Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Z is for...

Time for my final WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. I've loved doing this series so much. Thanks for the prompt, Laume! I have no idea what I'm going to write about on Wednesdays after this week. Oh well, anyway, here we go with one final round of WordPlay... Z is for... Zenna (Henderson) - A classic SciFi writer I really like. She wrote a series of interconnected short stories about some alien refugees who landed on Earth years ago and how they and their descendants try to fit in and make new lives here. I've lost count of how many times I've read those stories. Zinnias - Z-plant I like. Bright, cheerful, easy to grow - they only way they'd be better is if they were fragrant. Zappo's (aka ShoeMecca) - An amazing place for shoe addicts to browse, dream, and possibly buy. Zebras - Proof that God likes interesting design. Zucchini - Z-food I like many different ways, including zucchini bread and zucchini pie. Zodiac - A topic that interests me. Zinc - I swear by the zinc products you spray or swab up your nose to get rid of cold symptoms! Zeus - One of my favorite exclamations (blatantly stolen from my favorite-ever episode of BtVS) is "Merciful Zeus!" Zaftig - Something I am. Isn't it a lot more fun and exotic-sounding to say zaftig than some of the other words used to describe extremely curvy women? Zig-Zag - A design motif I like a lot! Zesty, Zeal, Zip, Zoom! - Z-words I like. "Z is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)