Saturday, July 22, 2006

What Would It Take?

We had storms blow through the area last night and we woke up this morning to no interenet service. Boooo! But eventually 'PuterGuyPat got everything working again. Yay!! So I'm late, but I'm posting. It's been a while since I did a meme, so let's do one, shall we? Yeah, baby! This one is courtesy of Blackbird. I couldn't resist doing this meme, partly because the last part (the Dare-ology) reminds me of a couple of games my family likes to play now and then. One of them is the "Would You Rather....?" game, where the players are presented with two terrible choices - or at least choices the questioner considers bad - and the players have to choose which they think is the lesser of two evils. The other game - the one this meme reminded me of - is the "What Would It Take?" game. In that one the questioner comes up with something bad - embarrassing, painful, dangerous, or morally questionable - and the players state 1) if they would do it at all and 2) if so, what the compensation would have to be before they'd agree to do whatever it is. The answers can get very interesting! Anyway, on to the meme. GRUB-OLOGY 1. What is your salad dressing of choice? I like most of them. What I choose most often is either Ranch or some type of vinaigrette thing like Italian or Greek dressing. 2. What is your favorite fast food restaurant? Probably Panera, although I don't go often because the closest one is an hour away. Locally...hhmm...probably Subway. We don't have a lot of choices around here. 3. What is your favorite sit down restaurant? A little place called The Garden Cafe. 4. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant? 20% unless the server is really neglectful or rude. 5. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Fruit 6. Name three foods you detest above all others. Liver, cabbage, dill pickles 7. What is your favorite dish to order in a Chinese restaurant? Szechwan Garlic Shrimp 8. What are your pizza toppings of choice? Pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, green olives (There are lots of others I like too, but those are some of my favorites.) 9. What do you like to put on your toast? butter and either apricot or blackberry jam 10. What is your favorite type of gum? None. I don't like to chew gum. BI-OLOGY 1. What do you consider to be your best physical attribute? I like the color of my eyes. 2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right 3. Do you like your smile? Not particularly, no. Sometimes complete strangers tell me I have a pretty smile and I find that odd. I think I have nice lips, but a weird-shaped mouth. 4. Have you ever had anything removed from your body? My wisdom teeth. 5. Would you like to? Um, no, not as long as everything's working ok. 6. Which of your five senses do you think is keenest? Either smell or taste. Hard to choose as they're so connected. 7. When was the last time you had a cavity? Don't remember. Two or three years ago maybe. 8. Do you have 20/20 vision? Not even close. 9. What is the heaviest item you lift regularly? 37 1/2 lb. bag of dog food 10. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Not in an accident or anything, no. I've been unconscious under anesthetic once. MISC-OLOGY 1. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? My first impulse is no, but really I'm not sure. I'm thinking of the movie "Big Fish" here where the main character chooses to see a prophecy of his death because he says if you know what's coming just think how fearless you could be about everything before that, knowing it's not your time to go. Interesting thought... Of course, then again, there are worse things than death. I'd have to think more about this one. 2. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? PrincessAmazonia (kidding....just kidding...I have no real answer because I'm fine with my name) 3. How do you express your artistic side? By making art! (Snort!) 4. What color do you think you look best in? Blue-violet 5. How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison? Good grief, I have absolutely no idea. 6. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake? Not that I know of. 7. If we weren't bound by society's conventions, do you have a relative you would make a pass at? No. And also, Eeeeuuuwwwww! 8. How often do you go to church? For weddings and funerals. 9. Have you ever saved someone's life? Not that I know of. 10. Has someone ever saved yours? Not that I know of. DARE-OLOGY For this last section, if you would do it for less or more money, indicate how much. 1. Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000? Depends on which street it was! The street I live on is public, but so little-traveled, that I'd stand about a 50/50 shot at getting a half mile without meeting anyone, so I'd walk down that street naked for $100K. But if we're talking something like Main Street of a busy town, it would take a LOT more money. I'd want at least a million clear after paying all attorney, court, and/or psychiatric fees to keep me out of jail or the mental ward! 2. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? Yes, unless she had weeping sores on her lips or something. 3. Would you have sex with a member of the same sex for $10,000? Maybe. It would depend on who it was. 4. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? By just anyone, hacked off with an axe or something, no. But I have to say I would allow one of my pinkies to be surgically removed by a competent doctor in sterile conditions, with follow-up care and good post-op drugs for $200k. That's a lot of money and it's not like I really use them for anything. 5. Would you never blog again for $50,000? No. I'd have to turn that down because I don't think I'd stick with the agreement. 6. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000? Yes - with my deepest apologies to the subscribers. 7. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? No. (That's not so much a "wouldn't" as it is a "I don't think I could") 8. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000? No. Although I will admit there are a couple of public figures who shall remain nameless who would sorely tempt me to change that answer. 9. Would you shave your head and get your entire body waxed for $5,000? The full body wax, yes, in a heartbeat. But I'd want more than that for shaving my head. I'd do it for $50,000. 10. Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? Yes, provided I was still allowed to watch movies on DVD. If you want to do this meme, feel free! I'd love it if you'd tell me so in comments so I can check out your answers. Here's today's Daily Art Thang: "Sunflower on Another World"