Sunday, July 09, 2006

Another Countdown? Why Not!

I did something called a Countdown Meme last month, but then I saw an entirely different version of a Countdown Meme on Susannah's blog and decided to do this one too, 'cause y'all know how much I loooooves me some lists! Plus I wanted something I could do ahead to post while I've got company since I'd feel rude if I spent too much time on the 'puter while they're here. I actually typed this up on Friday afternoon, so if some of my answers seem odd compared to the time and date stamp on the post, that's why. So here we go. Countdown, Take Two 10 Favorites Favorite Season: Spring and Fall (it's a tie) Favorite Color: None. Truly, I don't have *a* favorite color. I love too many. Favorite Time: Daylight Savings Time (yeah, I know that isn't what that question means, but I think it's a silly question, so I'll give a silly - yet true! - answer) Favorite Food: dessert Favorite Drink: alcoholic - margarita; non-alcoholic - water with lemon or lime Favorite Ice Cream: Praline Pecan (or is it Pecan Praline? I can never remember!) Favorite Place: Here. Or Maui. Or sitting on the deck of a cruise ship. Or...hhhmmm... Favorite Sport: Bwahahahahaaaaa! Um, none. (Favorite sport...that's funny...) Favorite Actor: Cary Grant (yes, I know he's dead, but I don't care, he's still my favorite) Favorite Actress: Katharine Hepburn (see above re: the dead thing) 9 Currents Current Feeling: Mellow Current Drink: water Current Time: 1:05 PM (on Friday, 7/7/06) Current Show on TV: no idea, it isn't turned on Current Mobile used: Cingular Current Windows Open: Outlook Express, Bloglines, MyYahoo, Red Shoe Ramblings Current Underwear: Sooooo none of your business! Let's just say I'm wearing some and leave it at that, 'k! Current Clothes: red capri pants, red/pink leaf-print t-shirt, red flip-flops with floofy red flowers on them Current Thought: "Is anyone reading this at all interested in these answers?" 8 Firsts First Nickname: Very first? probably Debbie (not too exciting, but there ya go) First Kiss: Danny S. when I was around 14 or 15 years old First Crush: Ilya Kuriakin on "Man from U.N.C.L.E.", when I was really small. Mom said I used to pet the TV screen when he'd come on and say "I love you, Ilya." First Best Friend: Debra H. We were almost the same age and our mothers threw us together from the time we were 6 months old, until I switched schools in junior high and we lost touch First Vehicle I Drove: I have no idea what it was - some old car that belonged to a high school friend of mine and she let me drive it around her parents' property (off-road) before I was old enough to get a permit. That didn't go so well. First Job: very first - babysitting; first "official" job with W2's and so on - flipping burgers at a fast food joint. Bleah. First Date: Doug C. when I was 13 or 14 (it was a double date, with mutual friends Mike and Pam) First Pet: a gerbil named Gerrie 7 Lasts Last Drink: water (my drink answers are boring! I drink water all day) Last Kiss: Johnny, a couple of hours ago Last Meal: lunch, an hour or so ago Last Web Site Visited: my photos-only blog Last Film Watched: Superman Returns Last Phone Call: Audioblogger (how sad!) Last TV show Watched: Rockstar Supernova 6 Have You Evers Have You Ever Broken the Law: yes Have You Ever Been Drunk: yes Have You Ever Kissed Someone You Didn't Know: yes Have You Ever Been in the Middle/Close to Gunfire: yes Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: no (I don't swim!) Have You Ever Broken Anyone's Heart: yes 5 Things Things You Can Hear Right Now: The whir of my 'puter, the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard, J doing some woodworking stuff in the basement Things On Your Bed: 4 pillows, 2 quilts, a set of sheets (green), and a partri-idge in a pear treeeeeee. (Well, some of that is true anyway) Things You Ate Today: so far, a bowl of cereal with berries and milk, a pimento cheese sandwich and potato chips (health food!...not!) Things You Wouldn't Want to Live Without: family, friends, books, internet connection, computer, all my various art-making tools and supplies Things You Do When You Are Bored: read, watch TV or a DVD, go for a walk, surf the 'net, especially blogs (That these are also some of my favorite things to do when I'm NOT bored is purely coincidental, I'm sure. Ahem.) 4 Places You Have Been Today a little local mom-n-pop grocery store my back porch my basement my mailbox 3 Things On Your Desk Right Now a glass of water a packet of photos I just had printed my cell phone 2 Choices Black or White: Black Hot or Cold: Hot 1 Place You Want To Visit New Zealand to visit my friend Morven! If you like this meme, feel free to take it and make it your very own. I'd love it if you leave me a comment telling me you did so I don't miss your answers. Here's an effort at a Daily Art Thang: "Queen Anne's Lace" (clickable) Now I'm off to sleep so I can be all hostessy tomorrow - or rather later today. I'll hope to get to visit all of your blogs soon!