Wednesday, June 14, 2006

M is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... M is for... Movies - They transport me to another world for a little while. (At least the good ones do!) Old classics or new favorites; comedies, dramas, musicals, adventures, mysteries...I love just about anything except slasher films and war movies. Mac (Cyrus MacRascal, aka: Little Mac, Mac'n'Cheese, MacaroniDog, MyLeeeetleMacaroon) - One of our current dogs. He's some sort of hound dog mix and he's very sweet and shy. He literally showed up on our front porch one April Fool's Day (don't tell me the Universe doesn't have a sense of humor!), a tiny little puppy barely old enough to be weaned, full of worms, covered in ticks, dirty, hungry, and scared. We tried for weeks to find him a new home, and finally realized he'd already found one. He's been part of the family ever since. Mushrooms, Mangos, Mac'n'Cheese (the noodle dish, not my dog!), Macaroons (ditto!) - M-foods I like. Melons - An M-food I dislike! (I hardly ever put dislikes on my WordPlay lists, but felt like this was notable because I generally love fruit and melons are among the few types of fruit I don't enjoy.) Maui, Mexico - Two M-places I've been and loved and would like to go back to sometime. Mediterranean - The whole Mediterranean region is an M-place I haven't been to yet, but want to, very much! Mascara - My #1 make-up essential. If for some reason I had to give up every bit of make-up except one, mascara is what I'd keep. Margarita (on the rocks, extra salt) - My #1 favorite alcoholic drink. Mermaids - I have a weird fascination with mermaids. It seems to me like most little girls are fascinated with mermaids but they eventually grow out of it. I never did. MaryJanice (Davidson) - A writer I enjoy. Her books are really funny! Moon, Magic, Mystery, Miracles - Marvelous M-words that go together in my Mind. These are all things that draw me and speak to me. Mugs - Necessary for my coffee fix and I have lots of them. My favorites are big, heavy, sturdy mugs that hold a lot and keep whatever they're holding warm a long time and feel nice and solid in my hand. March - The month I was born! Also the month my mom, dad, brother, mother-in-law, one niece, a great-aunt, a cousin, and my former college roommate were born. Museums - Love them! I was taught early in childhood that visiting museums was fun and a privilege and I still have that attitude. Moths - They tend not to be as flashy as their cousins the butterflies so they don't get as much good press, but they embody the exact same Message of transformation and I think they're just as cool. Man!, Maaah-velous - M-words I say a lot. "M is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)