Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Something Quilted This Way Comes

For today's Daily Art Thang, I want to share a little something I made yesterday just to prove to myself that I do in fact remember both the location and proper operation of my sewing machine, even if I haven't felt much like using it lately. Most often when I take photos or do sketches, that's it for me - they're a finished Thang all on their own and even if someone says they'd make a good quilt I tend to think "yeah, maybe, but what's the point...that would feel like a re-do to me." (For quilts, I usually do only very rough, unfinished sketches and improvise from there.) But occasionally one of the more complete-feeling ones does call out to me to see what it would look like in fabric. One of those was this doodle, which inspired this: "Spiral Dance 4: Sunlight" (6" x 8") It's small, but HEY - I sewed. Yay! Maybe it will inspire bigger things. I don't want anyone holding their breath or anything, but....maybe.