Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... I is for... Itchy - The first cat J and I ever had together. I was the one who wanted a cat, but cats choose who they choose and as far as Itchy was concerned, J was very much HER person, although I was occasionally handy for things like filling food dishes, opening doors, and providing a lap to sit on. She died several years ago, but we both still miss her and I occasionally dream about her. Oh yeah, and if you wonder about the name, J named her after the punch line of an incredibly stupid joke. Her full name was ItchyPussy. Internet - My lifeline as I live here in a very beautiful area where I really don't fit in with anyone I've met. Irises - Flowers I like very much. They always make me think of J's Aunt Jean. Italy - One of the countries I'd most like to visit in the world. Ice Cream, Indian food, Italian food - I-foods I like. Impressionism - An Art movement I like. Imagination, Intelligence, Ingenuity, Intuition - Traits I admire and hope I have to some degree or another. Irritability, Insomnia - Things I don't admire so much and definitely have! Inspiration board - My name for the bulletin board that hangs next to the 'puter desk where I tuck assorted Stuff that I inspires me. Introvert - I think of an introvert not as someone who is shy (although that can be true too), but as someone who needs a lot of alone time and feels stressed if they don't get it. If we go with that definition, I'm most definitely an introvert. "It Happened One Night" and "I Love You To Death" - A couple of I- movies I love - one classic, one more recent, both comedies. Interesting, Ick - I-words I say a lot. Incandescent, Idiosyncratic, Illuminate, Iridescent - I words I really like! "I is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)