Monday, April 17, 2006

April Bliss List

It's Bliss List time again! Here are some of the things that have been making me feel blissful in April:
  • Daffodils heralding the return of the sun
  • The sight and scent of Spice Viburnum spilling over the front stair railing
  • Lilacs blooming near the back porch
  • Picking asparagus in the back yard just moments before I cook and eat it
  • The return of the purple martins
  • The return of Green to the world around me
  • "The Rock Orchard" by Paula Wall (thanks, Deborah!)
  • "Boy's Life" by Robert McCammon (thanks, Dee!) - I just finished this book and it was wonderful!
  • Days warm enough to let my toes peek out in flip-flops
  • Breathing!!! Sometimes when you go through a spell where breathing is hard, you remember to be thankful when it's easy.
"April Bliss" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) What's making you feel blissful this month?