Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Quiz, a Card, and an Interesting Mistake

I'd had something else in mind to tell you about today but didn't quite get myself together in time so that'll wait until tomorrow. Instead, since today is Sunday and blog traffic seems to drop drastically on the weekends anyway, I'll keep it short today and show you the results of the latest quiz Thang I did:
You Are Teal Green
You are a one of a kind, original person. There's no one even close to being like you. Expressive and creative, you have a knack for making the impossible possible. While you are a bit offbeat, you don't scare people away with your quirks. Your warm personality nicely counteracts any strange habits you may have.
Teal Green huh? I'm not sure how exactly they matched colors and descriptions, but I like the description of a Teal Green-ish person, so I guess it's all good. And speaking of Teal Green, is Mary psychic?? I got this: "The Ides of March" by Mary Manahan (6" x 8") ...quilted fiber card in the mail from her yesterday. Not only Teal-y, but SO gorgeous. I doubt the photo does justice to the stitching and beadwork on this piece but I hope it shows a hint of it. I love it!!! Thank you, Mary! And finally, for my own Artsy Thang for today, I'm sharing an interesting mistake! A couple of days ago, I was trying to take a close-up photo of a snowdrop. (I only have one lonely, rather pathetic snowdrop blooming this year. Not sure what happened to the rest of them!) Anyway, the photo thing wasn't going too well. Because of where it is, I was having trouble getting the camera close to it at a decent angle. Finally, I decided to get creative and take some "blind" shots, putting the camera in places where I couldn't see the screen or viewfinder and hoping for the best. Well, in terms of getting a macro shot of the bloom, that experiment was a complete failure. I didn't get anything that came close to what I was after. BUT...I got the photo below, which is pretty much a picture of nothing, but I thought the lines and shadows made a rather interesting abstract composition. "Shadowlines" Ok, I'm now going back to my Obsession duJour, which I will probably be telling you about tomorrow. (Don't get too excited! Heh.)