Monday, March 20, 2006

March Bliss List

It's Bliss List time again! Here are some things that have been making me feel Blissful in March:
  • The first flowers of spring
  • Decadent Chocolate Layer Cake
  • Starting a new quilt series
  • "The Lovely Bones" - People have been telling me I should read it for ages but I resisted because I thought it sounded depressing. It isn't. Sad in places, yes, but not depressing. It's hopeful and the use of language is beautiful. It stays with my Keepers.
  • Cards and gifts from lovely, generous friends to let me know they're glad I was born
  • Feeling "Wicked"
  • Breathing room on my bookshelves
  • Acceptance letters from a major quilt exhibit
  • Knowing that in less than a week I'll see my friend Morven's smiling face in person, when she comes from New Zealand to spend a few days in Kentucky
"March Bliss" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) What's making you feel blissful this month?