Sunday, February 26, 2006

Photo Fun and a Bunch of Pointless Questions

I'll post the Artwork du jour first so that those of you who don't want to read the silly meme thingy can see the photos and skip it. I TOLD you there might not be anything any better here today than yesterday. Life's just been like that lately. Heh. Tall Grass "Tall Grass 2" On to the Pointless Questions I got this list of questions from Laume although I dropped a few of them (she had 76!!!) because there's Pointless and then there's REALLY Pointless. Also, I actually answered all these questions yesterday and am just getting around to posting it this morning, so some of the answers would be different this morning (like the time thing, and the last thing I watched or ate), but screw it. I'm not wasting even MORE time on this sucker than I already have! 1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. What does it say? They leaned forward. "Are you saying that Olivia..." That's it. Real exciting, yes? It's from "Bloodlines" by Dinah McCall and was on the top of one of my several TBR piles, although I probably won't be reading it next. 2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch? The computer desk, mouse pad, and mouse; a glass of water and the coaster it's sitting on; scrap paper with nearly-illegible scribbled notes; movie soundtrack CD from "Rent"; my computer chair; my right shoe (I'm sitting with my leg curled under me, a habitual pose of mine) 3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? An episode of "Smallville" 4. Without looking, guess what time it is 12:45 pm 5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 12:47 pm I. Am. GOOD. HA! 6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? "Magic Man" by Heart, the dishwasher running, Tansy sighing in her sleep 7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? About an hour ago. I drove to the closest little mom-n-pop store. 8. What are you wearing? Why does anyone care?? Ok, jeans, striped Henley shirt, gym shoes, the usual sorts of undies, socks, etc. 9. Did you dream last night? I'm sure I did, but at the moment I couldn't tell you what it was about. 10. When did you last laugh? Ummm....probably last night, while watching a movie. 11. What is on the walls of the room you are in? I am NOT listing everything on the walls in here. It would take too long. So let's just say lots and lots of artwork of various types, both things I've done and things others have done. 12. Seen anything weird lately? Yeah, this meme. :-P 13. What is the last film you saw? "Shaun of the Dead" 14. Do you like to dance? Love to! 15. George Bush: Evil 16. Would you ever consider living abroad? Yep! 17. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates? My answer would be exactly the same as Laume's, so here is hers: I don't expect to see any pearly gates, nor do I expect to see "God" in the form of a white bearded man. Maybe Alanis Morisette.... I do expect to be met by a lot of people I love and haven't seen in a while. And I guess I'd want them to say "We missed you! Welcome back!" 18. Your name spelled backwards? Seriously?? Okaaaay. Nosdrahcir Bed 19. Last incoming call on your phone? My neighbor, checking to see if her escape-artist horse was in my yard again (he wasn't, for a change) 20. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Some photos I took while walking 21. Britney Spears is a skank. Agree or disagree? Agree 22. Type of music you dislike most? Anything really harsh and discordant, like the extremes of rap, heavy metal, jazz, country, etc. 23. What was the last thing you bought? Pizza and Coke, at the aforementioned small neighborhood store 24. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike? Only on the back, with someone else driving 25. Does someone have a crush on you? Good grief, I have no idea! Anyone want to speak up?? Heh. 26. Ever made a prank phone call? Yep (not for many, MANY years though) 27. Listening to music? Johnny is, so I'm sort of getting it second-hand from the next room - Heart's Greatest Hits, Volume 1 28. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? In certain moods, yes. In others, no. 29. What shoes are you wearing right now? boringly ordinary gym shoes 30. Do you have a garden? Yep 31. What's your favorite comic strip? Oooh, hard one. Probably either Doonesbury or Dilbert. I like several of them. 32. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? Yep 33. Bath or Shower, morning or night? To get clean - shower, morning (or other times of day, as needed) To relax - bath, night (occasionally) 34. Hello or goodbye? Yes 35. Favorite pizza toppings? Pepperoni, mushrooms, green olives, banana peppers 36. Chips or Popcorn? Yes, please 37. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? Bwahahahahaaaaaa! Um, no. 38. Orange Juice or apple juice? Orange 39. Who was the last person you ate dinner with? My hubby 40. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? This past summer sometime (or perhaps even early fall), but I don't remember when exactly 41. Have you ever won a trophy? Prizes (ribbons, certificates, cash, etc) yes, but a trophy? Not that I can recall. 42. Are you a good cook? When I feel like bothering to be, yes. 43. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Good grief, when were these questions written, 1966?? Yes, of course I do. 44. Sprite or 7-Up? Ginger Ale 45. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school? Nope 46. Last thing you ate? pizza 47. Ever thrown up in public? Well...yeah...but geeeeze, why in the world would anyone want to know that?? 48. Would you rather find true love or be a millionaire? Love. But since I have love, the millionaire thing could be fun. :-) 49. Do you believe in love at first sight? No. I believe in attraction at first sight, and if that attraction then grows into love I think it can feel, in retrospect, like a person found love at first sight, but...No. 50. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? Johnny's Aunt Jean 51. Would you rather be famous by face or famous by name? Name. Definitely. 52. What was the name of your first pet? Gerry. (Short for Geraldine.) She was a gerbil. 53. How are you feeling right now? Fine, thanks, how are you? 54. What do you think of the person that posted this before you? I love her, but she was really evil to post this knowing I wouldn't be able to resist answering this idiotic thing!!! 55. Who do you think is MOST likely to repost this survey? Rachel, because she's as addicted to these stupid things as I am. Speaking of pointless, I'll give movie buffs a hint to the pointless-but-funny movie I watched last night by closing with a song. Scotty doesn't know, Scotty doesn't know, Scotty doesn't know, Scotty doesn't know, Scotty doesn't know, Scotty doesn't know-oooooh... Prize time!! I will send a wee gift to the first person who proves they got all the way to the end of this thing by telling me the name of the movie that song is from in comments! (If my comment thingy isn't playing nice for you, you can always email me instead!)