Monday, January 23, 2006

Walk the Line (no, not the movie, just one of my usual play-on-words-crappola subject LINES - har!)

For the art of the day: yet another visit with the rusty circle thingy: "Shining Circles" (clickable if you want to see a larger version in a new window) This one is taken looking through the Thing from the opposite direction of the previous two photos, late in the afternoon when the sun was starting to get low in the sky but it wasn't yet sunset. I used a filter, obviously. I wanted it to be about line and about light and shadow, not about color. And speaking of things being about line and light and shadow (smooth, Deb, smoooooth), I sewed yesterday! Yay! And while the segue may not have been very original, it was accurate, because the fabric piece I'm working on is about some of those same things. (Should I have told you to sit down before I talked about the sewing thing? Oops.) I'm not ready to share pics yet. There's still a good chance I could fuque* it up today. But if all goes well I should be able to share some photos by mid-week or so. Fingers crossed, stay tuned, and all that rot... *Fuque: It means exactly what you think it means. But if I spell it "cute" it foils some of the icky search strings. HA!