Saturday, January 14, 2006

Lame-O Filler Blog Entry #532

Do y'all just roll your eyes and cringe when you see "Lame-O Filler" subject lines on RSR? I hope not, but I wouldn't blame you if you did. Oh well. Some days are just like that y'know. We went from the unseasonably gorgeous weather we've had the past week or two to cold, windy, gray, and a scattering of snow on the ground this morning - you know January weather, which totally annoys me because I don't LIKE January weather. Unless we're talking about January in Australia or New Zealand, that is. Then it's probably fine. I wouldn't know because, while some of my quilts have been to Australia and New Zealand, I personally have not. Dammit. But January in Kentucky makes me just want to settle on a corner of the couch with a warm blankie, a stack of books and old movies, and a humongous mug of coffee or hot chocolate, and just sort of hibernate there for a few weeks. I don't want to work on art stuff. I don't want to write. I don't want to talk to people. I want to watch Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn have sparkling, witty conversations to the taste of a Hazelnut French Vanilla latte. February is usually even worse. SO...you've been warned. I'll be myself again along about March (probably...heh), but in the meantime lord only knows what you might find here. Fasten your seatbelts. So somehow it seems appropriate that I would take a quiz as completely STUPID as "What Donut Are You?". Who comes up with this stuff?? Even I, Quiz Queen Extraordinaire, sometimes have to shake my head in bewildered disbelief. (But of course I'm taking the quiz as I'm shaking my head!) I must admit I kind of loved the results of this idiotic thing, so that means I'm now turning around and inflicting it on you. It really does sound a lot like me!
You Are a Powdered Devil's Food Donut
A total sweetheart on the outside, you love to fool people with your innocent image. On the inside you're a little darker, richer, and more complex. You're a hedonist who demands more than one pleasure at a time. Decadent and daring, you test the limits of human indulgence.
I "test the limits of human indulgence". Well. I almost feel I should be insulted but since I can't argue the point I won't bother. I'll just laugh instead. That's always more fun. I just wish they would have allowed me some coconut sprinkles. I got the fastest time on the Jigzone jigsaw puzzle yesterday morning!!! YEAH BABY!! Is it completely pathetic that I get so excited about that the rare times it happens? Don't answer that. Here's our Daily Dose of Art: "Twisted" Obviously this is a "Phun with Photoshop" dealie, but I like how it turned out. Here's the original photo if you want to see it in a new window. It's of some twisted metal roofing and barn lumber from a small, decaying barn addition that J tore down a while back. Ok, time to hit publish and get off this thing. I have some serious hibernating to do.