Sunday, January 22, 2006

Gimme a Hand

Time to post a drawing, just because I said so. My blog, my rules. This is a sketch I did a few days ago, of my left hand holding an earring. "Two Purple Beads" It kind of sucks, although I wouldn't go quite so far as to say it sucks rocks. But the perspective and proportions are all wrong and I'm not entirely happy with the shading. But that's ok. Considering how long it's been since I did much drawing beyond quick-n-dirty quilt plan sketches, I'm bound to be rusty, so I choose to be pleased that it's remotely recognizable. Heh. Now to practice, practice, practice... Birthday wishes going out to the superfantastic Sonji! Hope your day is everything you wish for, Sonji! I'm almost afraid to say this lest I jinx it, but I pulled fabrics yesterday y'all. I have a PLAN. And it involves actual cutting and sewing of fabric. Yikes. Stay tuned...