Thursday, January 12, 2006

Feeling a Bit Rusty

I'm having one of those mornings when I feel like I don't have a whole lot to say. I guess reviewing last night's epi of Project Runway just took it all out of me. [snort] But I'll throw out a couple of items and a photo I took a week or two ago as my art of the day. I'd meant to draw yesterday and share a sketch, but um...no. Didn't happen. Yesterday was J's first full day home from a business trip and it just turned into one of those days where it was all about catching up on boring-but-necessary STUFF and I didn't draw, sew, write (beyond blogging), take photos, nuttin' honey! Oh well, never mind. Today is another day and so forth. I had a very nice email the other day from Ami Simms, who is coordinating a fundraiser called the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. She asked if she could post (with design credit, of course) a slightly modified copy of my fabric postcard instructions on her site as a guideline for people who want to make something for the fundraiser and might not know how. Having had a grandmother who had Alzheimer's, I'm interested in Ami's fundraising efforts, so I said yes. The web page is now up and running here. There are guidelines for both donating and bidding on fundraiser quilts on her website, if you're interested. In a topic so completely unrelated that I can't even think of a good segue, I wanted to share a link to a photo with you. Regular readers of RSR will know that I've been posting photos for Photo Friday lately. Well, their last-of-2005 theme was "Best of 2005" and the list of winners is now posted on their site. They show the top six vote-getters. At the risk of sounding like Ms. Snarky Sour Grapes of Kentucky, I have to say that in the case of a couple of those photos I don't get it. I think they must have a LOT of friends who go vote. Ahem. But I thought 3 or 4 of them were very deserving of making the list and in particular, I lovedLovedLOVED this one. It was the photo (other than mine) that I voted for. (And I freely admit it was a thousand times better than the one I submitted, but hey...if I don't vote for mine, who will? [grin]) I hate the way the page it's on loads but the photo is worth it. It's superfantastic. And speaking of photos (ooooooooh, now THERE'S a smooth and original segue!), here's my art du jour effort: "Rusty Circles" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) I'm not totally sure what the rusty thing is except that it goes with J's tractor somehow. But hey, it's rusty and it has a pattern of circles on it, all of which act like little windows into what's beyond. I think it's way cool and plan to take some more photos of it at different times of day and from different directions while it's still sitting out there near the garage. Because I assume at some point J will be actually using it for, um...something tractory. Heh.