Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

At least Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US and to anyone else in the world who would like to be an Honorary US Cousin For a Day to share in the holiday, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! J and I are heading over to Dad and Merle's in a little while to spend the day. I'm thankful today that my dad, sister, brother, niece, nephew, and I will all be together for the holiday. This will be the first Thanksgiving we've all been together in several years. I'm thankful that J is able to be home and can be there too. With his crazy job travel schedule that's not always a given for holidays. I'm thankful that Dad has found happiness again after losing his wife ( my mom), and his mother within two months of each other four years ago. I'm thankful that, while J and I may not be rich, we're managing to keep the bills paid without either of us having to do jobs we hate. I'm thankful that Tansy, Mac, Riley, and EDKSky showed up in my life, all unplanned, because they can make me smile even on the darkest days. I'm thankful for the people I've gotten to know through this wild and wacky thing called the world wide web, both those I've since met in person and those I haven't met in person yet, but hope to someday. I've met people through the 'net who have become true friends in Real Life as well and that's so cool. And related to that, I'm thankful for those of you who stop by RSR regularly. I've talked with such fabulous people since starting this blog, people I might otherwise never have gotten to know. I'm especially thankful for those readers who leave comments now and then. Blogging is the cyber equivalent of standing on a mountaintop talking into the wind, and it's nice to know that people are stopping by to listen and sometimes feel inspired to turn my monologue into a conversation. I love that. I'm thankful that designers keep making new shoes. C'mon, y'all knew I couldn't stay serious forever. ;-) And on that note, before I go spend the day with family, I will leave you with what has to be the dumbest quiz I've ever posted, but it seemed appropriate to the day:
You Are Pumpkin Pie
You're the perfect combo of uniqueness and quality Those who like you are looking for something (someone!) special
Hope you all have a wonderful, thank-full day.