Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another Self-Portrait Tuesday Self-umentary

On Sundays, Johnny and I go to town to buy a newspaper and have brunch. Here is a glimpse of our journey this past Sunday. I drove. There's the restaurant. This place pretty much meets the textbook definition of "greasy spoon", but if you don't let yourself think about the "greasy" part too much, they make really yummy southern, country-style breakfasts. Looking at the breakfast menu. I don't know why. I know I like the Hobo Breakfast the best. What's the Hobo Breakfast? A sort of hash made from ham, potatoes, onions, and peppers, served with eggs and toast. And here it is: the Hobo Breakfast, AKA Heart Attack on a Plate No, your eyes do not deceive you. J and I both put cream gravy on our eggs when we come here. We don't eat this way very often, but when we do, we go all out. After breakfast we go searching for a Lexington newspaper and finally find one at the third location we try. Think I'll take a look at the paper while J makes a stop in the auto parts store. He's heading for the car. See ya next time! Pet Peeve of the Day: I hate it when I go to a restaurant and order toast and the bread isn't "toasty" enough. If it has snowy-white edges, then they didn't leave it in the toaster as long as they should have.