Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Which Classic Dame?

One thing I forgot to mention when I was talking about my trip is that when I was at my friend Nancy's house, before we headed on down to Nashville, we pulled up the AFI 100 Movie Meme post so she could take a look. I was betting to myself that she'd see way more of that list than I had and was impressed to find out that she'd seen every single movie on the list. Yay Nancy! Then we pulled up the list of the 400 nominees from which the top 100 was chosen. She'd seen most of those, but not quite all of them. And I discovered that my percentages were very consistent. I'd definitely seen about 60% of the movies on that list, definitely not seen about 30%, and the other 10% I'm not sure about. When I got home and was checking out some of the blogs I like to read, I stumbled across a quiz called the "Classic Dames Test" on DianeW's blog and just had to take it. Here are my results:
Katharine Hepburn You scored 16% grit, 23% wit, 52% flair, and 21% class!
You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.

Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the Classic Leading Man Test.

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender: You scored higher than 0% on grit You scored higher than 0% on wit You scored higher than 99% on flair You scored higher than 99% onclass
The Classic Dames Test written by gidgetgoeson Ok Cupid
So, ok...high on flair, low on grit. But really, who cares? Because, hey...Katharine Hepburn!! Yeah, baby!! :-)