Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Neurotic Natterings

In glancing back over yesterday's post, I realize I didn't even mention WHY the Manolo mentioned my site, but I'm sure y'all figured out it was because of the sisters shoe quilt. I'm not surprised I forgot to say what the link was for though. It's been that kind of, well, not a week yet, but more than a day....that kind of Past Few Days I guess. I've been feeling very scattered and restless and unfocused and I'm not sure why. I'm feeling uncomfortable in my skin. I'm having trouble concentrating on anything. I start things and then abandon them, barely realizing I'm doing it until I wander back later to realize I've left something half-done. I make "to-do" lists and then forget to look at them. I feel a distinct urge to walk into the back yard and lift my face to the sky and scream until my throat is hoarse but I don't want to scare the shit out of anyone. Is it hormone fluctuations? A weird alignment of the planets? Emotional "seepage" from all the bad stuff going on around the planet? Who knows. I know it doesn't seem to be JUST me. It seems like several people I know, both online and face to face, are going through an emotionally weird time right now. I just know I'm SO ready for it to stop. I want to feel good again. I want to be calm and productive and a unrepentant smartass. I want to feel like me again. I have things to do, dammit! Oh well, never mind. I'll get over it eventually. I always do. In the meantime... Here's a link if anyone wants to see the "Rent" trailer I was talking about yesterday. Ever since I saw it, I keep going around singing "Five hundred twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?...." And here's the trailer for Joss Whedon's "Serenity". I am seriously considering hiding for a while in another movie today because I am just so piss-useless for anything else at the moment!! Bleah!! Oh...well except maybe for puzzles. The average solve time for today's Jigzone Puzzle of the Day was 11:33. The fastest time was 5:01. My time was 5:49. (That's for the 70-piece bulb version of the puzzle.) I never QUITE beat whoever it is out there that's faster than I am, but that's pretty damn close, yes? Maybe someday. Hey, we all need a goal, even temporarily-crazed-in-a-bad-way (as opposed to my usual crazed-in-a-good-way) artists.