Sunday, July 24, 2005

Good Mail Again, and An Evil Plan

Yesterday afternoon I got another art-swap piece in the mail. Take a look: Analogous New York Beauty by Leslie Blair Gallagher I love Good Mail days! It was a doubly (triply??) good mail day because I also finally got two new Tarot decks that I'd pre-ordered so long ago that I'd almost forgotten about them! Tarot of White Cats and Tarot of the Secret Forest I don't think I'm going to be using the Tarot of the Secret Forest for reading because it just doesn't speak to me that way....too murky. But from an art point of view it's very cool. Rather than having a standard back like most card decks, there are images on both sides --- a color image on one side (albeit very muted, woodsy colors in this case), and the reverse side is a print of a black-n-white ink sketch of the same scene. I was surprised to find, color junkie that I am, that I prefer the b/w drawings in most cases! The Tarot of the White Cats, on the other hand, which I bought mainly as a novelty because I have a thing for cat or dog Tarot decks, is surprisingly clever and readable! I found the same thing about the Baroque Bohemian Cats deck I bought a few months ago. I love when that happens! And finally, since Debra shared her Plan For World Domination, I'll share my evil plan with you too.

Congratulations on being the creator of a new Evil Plan (tm)!

Your objective is simple: Soul Accumulation!

Your motive is a little bit more complex: To Show Them ALL!! (bwahahahahaaaa!!)

Stage One: To begin your plan, you must first Kidnap a Town Mascot. This will cause the world to sit up and take notice, stunned by your arrival. Who is this Nightmare beyond Comprehension? Where did they come from? And why do they look so good in Classic Black?

Stage Two: Next, you will Seize control of the Moon (ooh, tides!). This will cause countless hordes of Computer Programmers to flock to you, begging to do your every bidding. Your name will become synonymous with Sheer Dementedness, as lesser men whisper your name in terror.

Stage Three: Finally, you will Demonstrate your Great Supernatural Forces, bringing about an End to Sanity. This will all be done from a Floating Fortress, an excellent choice if we might say. These three deeds will herald the end, and the citizens of this planet will have no choice but to elect you their new god.

Trust us, it'll all come together in the end.

Expert assistance in forming evil plans can be found here!