Thursday, June 02, 2005

Suns Unveiled

I put the last stitch into the sleeve of the sun quilt last night. Yeah, baby! It seems almost anti-climactic to post pics because the finished photo doesn't really look much different than the photo of the unquilted top. But because I said I would post some when I finished, here are the pictures. (I will have to wait for some better weather to take it out on the deck and set up a backdrop and take it's "official" portrait for slides and so on....this is just pinned up in the stoooodio, so it isn't hanging as straight as it will be in "Real Life".) If you want to see larger, slightly higher-res photos, click on the ones below. Here it is....all done! I think I need to come up with a better name than its working title of "Bright Suns", but I have no idea what that might be. The suns are "scribble-quilted" in orange thread. The background is quilted in roughly parallel horizontal lines, starting with lime green thread at the top of the quilt and then moving to blue thread in the center..... ....then finally to purple thread toward the bottom. I like it. It isn't perfect. Nothing ever is. But I like it. It turned out very much like I was picturing in my head. Now I'm going to get offa here and back to work. I have three different quilt ideas fighting over which one gets to pop out of my brain first, not to mention I committed to do a couple of paper collages soon. Stay tuned...