Saturday, June 11, 2005

Quick Update on Quilts and 20 DoV

Today was One of Those Days in the studio. I don't know if this happens to anyone else or not, but now and then I'll have an idea in my head for a quilt and the vision of how I want it to look when it's finished will be very clear to me. The vision of how I get from the pile of fabrics on my cutting table to that finished quilt? Not so much. That's where I spent most of today. I know what I want to do...sort of. But the actual structural part of it --- how to construct this thing so it looks more-or-less like it does in my head and doesn't drive me completely insane in the process? That's trickier on this one. If I construct it the very simplest way I can think of, I'm going to have places where I have about 6 layers of fusible web to quilt through in the end. NOT fun! So I'm trying to think of alternatives. I have a working sketch. I have a pile of fabrics. I have some stuff drawn out on fusible web. I guess the next couple of days are just going to have to be about cutting and playing and figuring it out as I go along. Stay tuned.... Virtue Update Reading Dara's blog reminded me it's been a couple of days since I posted an update on the 20 Days of Virtue. Let's see, what day was today? 12 maybe? I've lost track! Anyway, whatever day it is, here's what's up. As far as sticking with my plan, I feel like I'm doing quite well, overall. I'm walking every day. Well, ok, I missed one day this past week, but that was the day I ran errands all over Lexington, so it wasn't like I sat around on my butt all day, and it's the only day I haven't gone walking in weeks. I'm still drinking many big, tall glasses of water a day. I'm being reasonably "good" about my eating plan. Not like I haven't slipped in a treat here and there, but really...ranking it the way Dara did, I'd call my success rate for sticking with my eating plan about 90%. I have not had ONE BITE of chocolate in nearly 2 weeks! Surely that has to count for something?? So I'm a wee bit frustrated to report that as best I can tell on my piece o' crap bathroom scales, I haven't lost a single pound in the past 12 days. I'm not giving up. I'm sticking with it. But really...I don't think one itty-bitty little pound as a "you go girl!" from the Virtue Gods is asking too much, is it? Sigh. Ok, enough whining. I'm going to go drink some more water and obsess about quilt structure.