Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Comments on Comments

Regarding yesterday's post, Gerrie wrote: "You could post a picture and let us help you decide!" But no. As I told Gerrie in an email, I'm just really so heartily sick of looking at that stupid quilt that I don't want to deal with it right now even if y'all had some great ideas. I'm beyond ready to move onto something new! So I threw it back into the UFO pile, where it will no doubt emerge to torture me at some future date. It's perverse like that. Logan wrote: "...hope that the Inner Victorian Grandma is so pleased by pastel flowers that she goes into hiding for a few years, allowing you to change the decor of that room ..." Ah, but believe it or not, I don't want to! As long as I can confine her to JUST that one room and she doesn't spread like a plague throughout the house, I rather enjoy letting her have her way in there. That isn't a room where I spend much time and yet when I look in there it's somehow comforting to me because it reminds me of Grandma's house when I was a child. And if guests don't like the antique-y-ness of it all, well, they don't HAVE to come see me, now do they? (evil grins) I like the idea of a shoe-themed room though. Wonder if Johnny would go for it? Debra wrote: "Your quote: Moonstruck?? Maybe not... " Good guess, but no. In case anyone else was wondering, the pop culture reference was a slightly modified version of a quote from the TV series "Angel", Season Five, Episode 20, when Angel and Spike went to Italy to save Buffy from The Immortal (or so they thought). It was a line spoken a couple of different times by the head of the Italian branch of Wolfram and Hart. Please give me my Joss Whedon Fan Club Geek Certificate now. My sister, Sandy, just got back from a week in the sun and gave her seal of approval to the sisters quilt. She said "I love, love, love the quilt!! We look like us!" So there we go. Thanks Sandy! :-) She loved the Dara-inspired title too.