Friday, April 29, 2005

It's Just Another FotoFriday

I walked in the rain after supper yesterday and took my camera along. I have an Olympus Stylus, which is water-resistant. I love that feature. :-) The rain had actually slowed to a drizzle by the time I took the first photo, but it was overcast and late in the day, and I think the light is odd, but interesting. Colors look sort of intense, but flat at the same time. This is a photo of my mailbox, surrounded by a drift of wild mustard flowers. You can still see the redbuds blooming on the hill. J and I were commenting yesterday that this is the longest we can remember the redbud and dogwood flowers hanging on in years. The gravel lane you see winding up the hill on the right is my driveway. It's about a half-mile long. This is, believe it or not, the bottom of a turtle shell. Something must have gotten into a nest of tiny baby turtles, because we found several shells on the driveway, all about the size of a silver dollar, and all missing their occupants. :-/ None of my photos turned out very well, but I played with this one in Photoshop and thought this abstraction of it was fun. And finally, a close-up of the quilting I've started doing on the sun quilt. I'm quilting the hell out of the suns, but trying to do it in a loose, "scribbly" style. I want the quilting lines to look informal....like doodling with thread. I have no idea yet what I'm going to quilt in the background spaces, but figure something will come to me by the time I'm ready to work on that part. Yesterday I finished 3 large sun sections and 4 small ones.