Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Bit of Post-Birthday This and That

First of all, a big Thank You to everyone who sent birthday wishes. Whether paper cards, e-cards, emails, or blog comments, they were all read and appreciated. Take a look at the front of the card my sister sent. Does she know me or what?? For those who asked, dinner last night was shrimp fajitas, followed by coconut cake (both yum!). And no, I didn't go shoe shopping. I'm trying to restrain myself. For now. Ahem. Hey, take a look at what PirateJan found for me: The Pirate Soul Museum! Remember the pic I drunkenly insisted Sandy take for me in Key West? Well this web site tells you what that sign was really about, although it still doesn't explain why the sign got me hot. I don't think even Freud or Jung could explain that. It actually looks very interesting! If I'm ever back in Key West and it's daytime and I'm sober, I think I'll have to go inside and have a look around. Thanks Jan! This next link is courtesy of PirateLaura: Innocent Escapes with the Brawny Man. I have to say, I found it a leeetle creepy. He's like a Stepford Husband with an ugly shirt and a bad haircut. But it was still kind of fun, in a weird way, to play with the "create your own movie" option. Be warned, it's pretty slow to load, so you probably don't want to bother unless your connection is speedy, and even then you might want to go make a cup of tea or something while it's loading. I was going to write some quilt-related stuff (gasp!) and I still will, but I think I'll do it as a separate post. Stay tuned!