Monday, February 14, 2005

Cruise Brain

It's raining, it's pouring, I'd rather be snoring... I have Cruise Brain. My dearest-darling and I have a Caribbean cruise booked soon and I have reached the point where I have NOTHING else on my brain but this trip. I'm making lists for everything in the hope that I a) don't forget to pack anything important I will need on the trip and b) don't forget anything important to take care of before we leave. If this trend continues, soon I'll have a daily list that says:
  1. Breathe
  2. Shower
  3. Breathe
  4. Dress
  5. Breathe
  6. etc., etc.....

A combination of Menopause Brain and Cruise Brain is a scary thing. It would be kinder on everyone around me if I could just be unconcious for the next couple of weeks and have someone wake me up just in time to pack. But since that isn't a practical option, I'll make more lists.

  1. Eat
  2. Breathe
  3. Wash dishes
  4. Breathe....
    1. I SHOULD be making art to pass the time. That would be the smart thing to do. But who said a person with Cruise Brain was smart?